Retirement can be confusing and sometimes overwhelming. Understanding how your financial adviser plans to protect you from key risks in retirement and how they can help secure your retirement income can help give you confidence.
When you meet with your financial adviser you can ask questions to help ensure their recommendations are right for you. As an example, we have created five key questions to ask.
1. How will you make sure my money lasts as long as I need it?
2. How can you help me to maximise my Age Pension entitlements? (if eligible)
3. How can you make sure my money can keep up with the rising costs of living?
4. How long will my Super last?
5. What will happen to my Super balance if there is another GFC (Global Financial Crisis)?