Choose this option if you want income certainty, but you do not want payments to start immediately.
You will receive CPI indexed payments for life that commence at a future time chosen by you. Alternatively you can ask to have the deferred payments fixed (so that they never change), partially linked to CPI, or linked to changes in the RBA cash rate (so that they move up and down whenever the cash rate changes).
- You can only use your super to invest, and must be aged 60 or over.
- You choose when monthly payments start.
- You receive higher starting payments than if you choose to start payments immediately.
- Once payments commence, they are payable for life (and your spouse’s life if you choose).
- Deferred payments can keep pace with inflation (CPI indexed payments) – even in the deferral period.
- Payments are guaranteed regardless of how share markets perform.
- Monthly payments are tax-free once they commence.
- Up to 100% of your investment is repaid to your nominated beneficiaries or estate if you die within the withdrawal period*.
- It has a withdrawal value for a period based on your life expectancy – just in case your circumstances change and you no longer require lifetime income*.
- A potential boost to your Age Pension entitlements under Age Pension rules.
* You can ask us to change these features in return for different starting payments. But the choice is totally yours.
For more information about this option, read the PDS, or talk to your financial adviser about whether this is the option for you.