Challenger lifetime annuities complement other investments and sources of income, such as a pension from your super and the Age Pension. They provide a lifetime income which can be used as the foundation of your retirement portfolio.
About the Challenger Lifetime Annuity (Liquid Lifetime)
Liquid Lifetime is a lifetime annuity that pays a regular income for life in return for a lump sum investment. It gives you an additional layer of protection in retirement and can act as a safety net giving you income for life, regardless of how long you live.
You can use your super or personal savings to invest with a minimum investment amount of $10,000. Liquid Lifetime options can provide:
- regular monthly payments for life (and your spouse’s life if you choose);
- payments that start immediately, or on a future date you choose (if using super savings to invest);
- payments that are fixed, that keep pace with inflation, or are linked to changes in the RBA cash rate or investment markets;
- a long period where you can access a lump sum if your circumstances change*;
- a long death benefit period where a lump sum is payable to your estate or nominated beneficiaries*; and
- a potential boost to your Age Pension entitlements under Age Pension rules.
* You can ask us to change these features in return for different starting payments. But the choice is totally yours.
Liquid Lifetime provides different monthly payment solutions to suit your financial circumstances and needs. For income certainty, you can choose CPI indexed or fixed payments. Alternatively, you can choose to have payments linked to changes in the RBA cash rate or investment markets.